You know it’s time to shake things up – do things differently – let’s innovate! But you’re not sure where to get started? You’re not sure you’re the one to lead the team into new territory? Underneath your fear, your lack of confidence, your uncertainty, your “I’m not good enough” messaging is a passionate, wildly capable, super talented leader who wants nothing more than to show herself. Trust her, she’ll take you to places you’ve never been before.
If you want to be more innovative, make time and space for insights to rise – here is how to do that:
- Begin to notice your own thoughts and ideas. Start writing them down.
- Schedule free activity free time so your thoughts can expand beyond the day to day.
- Do something different. (#DSD)! Interrupt your patterns and walk away from the problem that needs to be solved.
- Get out of your own way. Insights generally don’t come from effort – they come from flow.
- And remember, before you go out, go in.
Be easy on yourself! Some days are simply tougher than others. Life is meant to be good and you have all the tools to make it so.