Your heart sits in between your head and your gut; consider your heart a bridge between your thoughts and your instincts. You will notice how your heart feels about a decision will tell you a lot about how aligned that decision is with your values and integrity. This is great state to be in – however; with the constant distractions of daily life, it can be hard to get into that clear state of being.
Here are 10 techniques I have used in my personal and professional life to improve my focus:
- Close my laptop and put my phone away.
- I take a walk. I take a swim. I ride my bike.
- I hike in nature. Whatever’s around me – ocean, lakes, mountains, deserts, rainforests, parks.
- I take a shower. (A lot of clarity arises when I’m taking a shower – no distractions)!
- 5 rounds of slow deep belly breathing.
- I get a massage.
- Stand up and stretch.
- Slowly and deeply inhale the aroma of lavender.
- Hydrate with a glass of room temperature water and a squeeze of lemon.
Which of these techniques resonate with you? Check in if you feel checked out. Everything will come back in to focus.