Heart-centered leadership is a BOTH / AND commitment. You need to be fair, firm, and decisive, AND heart-centered, kind, and appreciative. The most evolved leaders are working to fine-tune their BOTH / AND abilities.
– Appreciate financial success AND the employees who are helping to attain it.
– Acknowledge and address the needs of the organization AND the individual needs of your employees.
– Pay attention to the mission AND the employees who are working passionately to fulfill.
– Express affection (care and kindness) to your external customers AND your internal customers.
– Accept that differences are advantages AND every employee has unique talents for you to help develop.
*Credit to Deepak Chopra for the 4 As of emotional wellbeing.