Your brilliance comes from your willingness to pattern-interrupt (a technique to change a particular thought, behavior or situation. Behavioral psychology and neuro-linguistic programming use this technique to interrupt and change thought patterns and behaviors). Brilliance is not born out of effort or striving or force or relentless trying.
Your brilliance lives in the space in between your habituated patterns.
When you interrupt your patterns, you release the known and make room for the possible. You shift out of conditioned thinking and into creativity. And who doesn’t want more creativity!
9 Ways to Pattern-Interrupt:
- Brush your teeth with your non-dominant hand
- Take a cold shower.
- Take a new route into work.
- Taking 10 conscious breaths before checking your phone.
- Have lunch with someone you barely know.
- Find a field of wildflowers and pick a bouquet for someone you love.
- Fast for 24 hours.
- Take 24 hours to be completely silent.
- Ask for help on a project that seems incredibly simple to you.
Whatever pattern you choose to interrupt, stop, and notice how you feel in this new way of being. What’s different? Are you more alert? Do you see things a little differently?
Step into your brilliance today!