How to attend to the wellbeing of your thoughts…
- Notice the thoughts you are having that diminish you or drive self-doubt.
- They might sound something like, “I have no idea how to do that.” “It’s probably already been done.” I don’t want to rock the boat.” “What if I’m wrong?”
- Draw a line down the middle of a piece of paper.
- On the left side, write down those thoughts and then ask yourself, what if I instead believed something empowering, what would it be?
- On the right side, write down, a new version of those thoughts, a version that supports you to courageously step into your power.
- The new version might sound like, “Here’s one place I can go to find out how to do that.” “It may have been done before, but I have a new twist.” “I get my needs met by saying how I feel.” “The best solutions will rise, if I voice my ideas.”
- Read and reread the new versions of your thoughts. Let them settle into your mind and body as true.
- When you notice the old thoughts rising, STOP, and replace them with your new empowered version.
- Remember, you are in charge of the wellbeing of your thoughts.
“Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.”