Leaders, have you ever sat in a meeting that blew right through the lunch hour? Your stomach was growling, you felt a headache coming on and then you lashed out and got snarky with someone.
Everyone in the room glared at you and thought, ‘What’s their problem?’
Your problem was you were HANGRY! Great leaders must be mindful of their food intake and know that food is energy. Without enough energy, you become depleted, irritated, and disengaged. These are not good leadership traits. Be aware of your physical state and tune into what your body is telling you. Having a healthy body is fundamental to extraordinary leadership.
Here are 6 tips to help you avoid getting HANGRY:
- Keep high energy snacks in your office drawer. Indulge as needed.
- Keep your favorite water bottle filled and visible on top of your desk. Drink up every chance you get.
- Eat a healthy breakfast every day before work.
- Put a hard stop of 11:30 or noon for your mid-day meetings.
- Bring your lunch to work so you can eat when you want.
- If you have to work late at night, plan to order in. Skip eating after 8 pm.